Sunday, February 3, 2008

In the Beginning...

My whole life it seems like I have been waiting. For something to happen, someone to save me, something to change so that everything will suddenly make sense, life will be easy and carefree, I will be doing what I love and feel passionately about and money will be abundant.

At different times in my life different things have worked out. When I was younger I was able to pursue my many creative passions, but while I was doing that money was scarce, friends were abundant but there was no love interest and I had no children, and I desperately wanted children. Then for a while money was not as much of an issue, still no love, no children and friends were scarcer (my job forced me to be far from friends and family). Now I am married and have a fabulous son and good friends abound, but there is less than no money and no time for creative endeavors (at least it feels that way).

I long to have it all at the same time. I believe it is possible. I know that it is possible. I have always believed in the Ruby Slippers. You know when the Good Witch says to Dorothy, "You've had them the whole time." I think that what I have been waiting for my entire life is to realize that I already have everything I need, I just need to look down. I've had this revelation before but now in an effort to hold myself accountable I am going to write down my journey to my Ruby Slippers and when I am done with my journey I will fully possess all of the riches that are already in my life but that I somehow can't quite grasp.

My hope is to find my own Ruby Slippers and if one person reads this and finds their Ruby Slippers as well then I will have done something worthwhile

No comments: