Friday, February 15, 2008

Changing Your Life in Seven Days

I set some goals last week - things that I want to change about different areas of my life, now it's time to look back and see if I actually took action and if there were results.

One of the goals was to stop talking on the cell phone while in the car with my son. He is 4 years old and recovering from autism so his speech is delayed although coming back. I really want to have more conversations with him and car time is ideal time to talk to him. I called the three people I tend to talk to the most and said that if they heard me talking to them on the phone with Jem in the car to hang up on me. I don't know why I was surprised but they were incredibly supportive and have even asked me a few times if Jem was in the car with me will talking to them. He wasn't. There was only one time when I had to conciouslly put the phone away, because I wanted to make a call. The rest of the time I chatted with Jem. I noticed several things, first his behavior was better when we got out of the car, second his speech was better, in term of diction. And last but certainly not least his speech was more conversational in just one week.

In terms of diet it took me several days, and ultimately I was helped out when my diet partner called me. I told her that she must have been reading my mind. We have both been able to stay on our program for 5 days now and we are talking to each other everyday. I feel much better, although this alternates with times where I feel like I'm dying not dieting. Things are already starting to fit better and my body is releasing water like a mad thing!

I have also found the opportunity to be loving to my husband at least once a day and that has also yeilded good results, he has also been more attentive and when we had a big "discussion" mid week I was much more able to communicate my feelings and I think he was more able to listen.

Those were the actions that I actually followed through on - the other stuff - not so much - not yet. However there was other progress. I attacked our bedroom and the Kitchen in an attempt to de-clutter them. I got a great deal done, more needs to be done, but I have accepted that I am incapable of doing it all at once.

And I also did a mini (and I do mean mini) mailer for my business in an attempt to drum up additional business. All in all I'm really proud of myself.

I wanted to change my life in seven days, well I did - not like I had enviosioned, after all it's still recognizable but strength over time equals power.

No comments: